19 Sept 2013

Missteps of manual

When I first printed the manual out, I attempted to cut it out with a guillotine. However this did not provide the precision I needed as I could not see how far off the line I was cutting it, so the edges would be uneven and would cut onto the design. I therefore chose to cut it using a scalpel, cutting board and ruler. Which had much more precision and was quicker and easier.


To cut out the manual into pieces so it can then be stuck together; I used a metal ruler, a scalpel and a cutting board. I used these as using a ruler and a scalpel keeps the edges neat and crisp, and is very precise so is quick and easy to do. The metal ruler is good also as it keeps the object you are cutting in place so that it does not move, so that you do not make mistakes if it slipped.


No comments:

Post a Comment