18 Dec 2013

Couture Magazine

Work in Progress

When deciding on the type to use, I downloaded some fonts i found on a website called Dafont. These fonts are free to download so i download a variety of them to test out on my cover and double page spread. I experimented with a range of different types to use on my pieces. I used a serif font, a script and a sans serif font for my magazine front cover, as these create a nice contrast.








I then inserted my final picture into Photoshop to be placed on the magazine template. I edited the levels and colours of the photo slightly so to make the photo of better quality. I chose this picture as I thought it would be a good portrait picture for my magazine.


Final Piece

I then added the title and cover lines in front of the picture. I used the cover lines which I had planned and placed them in front of the image.  The type contrasts lovely as I have used serif for the title and some of the cover lines, sans serif for the bigger cover lines, and a small bit of script font. This was done to make the magazine look interesting and eye catching, and making the cover lines stand out on the page, as they are short and catchy in a readable font. I then decided to layer them down the page in centre align, and separated each one with a thin white line. This makes the cover lines blend but at the same time eye catching as I bolded, capitalised and made larger the bits that are the title of the stories etc. I put the title behind the model to make the image stand out and seem like it is a popular magazine, so people will know it is the ‘COUTURE’ magazine just from looking at the magazine, without looking at the title.



No comments:

Post a Comment