15 Nov 2013

Own Magazine Recreation


Our next task was to once again recreate a magazine, but choose it ourselves. Using our own picture and making it from scratch. This was a helpful task as it once again got us used to the conventions of a magazine, helped us learn Indesign and we were able to recreate something of our choice so we could see the elements needed for our own subject matter. I chose the magazine as this fashion and beauty magazine is the type of magazine I am hoping to create, and also holds the same target audience that my magazine will have. If I was to change anything I would ensure my model of the magazine was dressed more similarly to the original design, align a few bits of the text and add white boxes on the right corner so my version was more like the original.



Original



Creating own font

I created the brush type myself using ink and a small brush, as I found it would add originality to my piece and, this type was quite hard to find and I could replicate it better and get it closer to the real thing. I edited the type on Photoshop and made them cleaner and neater so they looked professional. I also inverted the 'high street edited' cover line as it was white writing on a black background. I sourced all the other fonts myself from DaFont, which was a useful website as it built up my knowledge of the different fonts there were available.




Working Progress
This is a screenshot of the magazine in its working stages in Indesign. I used my own image, as I used my sister to be the model of the magazine. I sourced all the other fonts myself from DaFont, which was a useful website as it built up my knowledge of the different fonts there were available.






Image

Final picture for my recreation of Company magazine. I used my own image and used my sister as the model, so was able to get her to pose in the right position ensuring my magazine was similar as possible to the original.



Final Piece
Below is my final recreation of the magazine. I have included all the conventions featured such as title, model, cover lines, graphic detail and images. I created the boxes and graphic detail myself on Photoshop, created some of the type myself and used my own image. This promoted originality and made the recreation unique. I sourced the other fonts and images of clothing from the internet, such as DaFont for type and google images for the items of clothing I needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment